[Design-team] Why the commented packages?

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Tue Jul 6 18:07:28 UTC 2010

2010/7/6 P Papadeas <ppapadeas at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:05 AM, Chris Jones <chrisjones at comcen.com.au> wrote:
>> I am just looking at the kickstart file to make some proposed changes.
>> When I finish my kickstart proposal I'll outline why I've made the
>> changes I've made. But first things first, why are some packages
>> commented out?
>> eg.
>> # hugin
>> # pinta
>> # postr
>>
>> Regards
>
> Hey Chris!
>
> I suppose these packages were commented out by Sebastian (this is what
> Git says :P) to try to decide if they are going to be part of the
> suite... (also pinta still needs to be reviewed)

Yup, that was me too! The packages either made the spin go up waaaaay
too much in size or weren't ready (e.g. weren't packaged). Feel free
to take them out / add others / ...

A note on Pinta: I was originally working on packaging that, but found
Nathive shortly afterwards. It might make more sense to try packaging
Nathive, given that it's probably (after adding dependencies and all)
going to consume less space, although its development might be a
little slower than Pinta's.

--Sebastian