[Design-team] Teaching fedora through videos

MarĂ­a Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 31 12:37:11 UTC 2012

Hello!

Everyday new users come asking for help and learn about FOSS, and our way
to help them is through Fedora. We know that there are a LOT of tutorial on
internet, but most of them are on *text* format and yet, people love to see
things on *video*. (even more if they are multilanguage)

Probably, there is a huge list of videos already on internet, but they
aren't organized, so our new contributor Nitesh Narayan Lal [1] from India
would like to come up with some web-based site where people can easily find
them (or at least where we can recomend a list of videos that might be
useful for new contributors)

Talking with Mark Terranova at FUDCon Blacksburg, we got this idea of make
a simple *video join page* where we will have a small list of videos where
people can easily understand and complete the different steps that must be
followed to be part of Fedora, or any specific group. Is easier for a
contributor to record a tutorial, lets say, 10min, instead spend 30min
writing it.

Nitesh has started with some easy tutorials (some that he has done and some
collected) and we would love that, if any of you are interested on this
idea, please, join us next thursday Feb-02 at 1530UTC [2] on #Fedora-Design
, so we can work on this idea and bring even more knowledge to our
users/contributors.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Niteshnarayan

[2]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2012&month=02&day=02&hour=15&min=30&sec=0