Feature Idea: provide a graphical way to upgrade to F22 workstation

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 19:14:59 UTC 2014

On 12/16/2014 12:09 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 09:39:21AM -0500, Ryan Lerch wrote:
>> One thing i didnt see on the roadmap, but would be definitely useful
>> for our users would be a way to notify users that a new version of
>> Fedora Workstaion is available, and provide an easy way for them to
>> kick of a fedup upgrade without having to use the command line.
> Agreed — I think it'd be nice to have this integrated into the software
> center.

I'm not 100% sure about it being in the Software app interface itself.
It might be kind of hard to keep it separate from updates in the UI
there -- especially for something that is only used once every six
months or so.

Maybe having an "upgrade" button in the details screen in the control
center, and notifications when a newer version is available will be enough.

I'll try to come up with some mockups for how this will look (and also
some mockups for how it might work in Software too)

cheers,
ryanlerch