Feature Idea: provide a graphical way to upgrade to F22 workstation

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 16 19:25:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 02:14:59PM -0500, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> I'm not 100% sure about it being in the Software app interface
> itself. It might be kind of hard to keep it separate from updates in
> the UI there -- especially for something that is only used once
> every six months or so.

I can see that. My main thinking is that Software already has "system
updates" — it'd be nice to get to the point where Fedora upgrades are
"big system update!" from a users' perspective.

> Maybe having an "upgrade" button in the details screen in the
> control center,  and notifications when a newer version is available
> will be enough.

When a release is completely EOL, would it be possible to have a
notification that is persistant in some way? Not necessarily in the
shell chrome (too much?), but maybe whenever you go to Software. Or
maybe "All Settings" — could the Details icon change to show an alert,
or gain a visual flag in some way?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>