FESCo Workstation PRD follow up questions

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 29 15:22:01 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 08:36:34AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> > I know this is kind of an aside comment, but I now wonder why we didn't do
>> > that years ago.
>> The Desktop spin essentially did quite a while ago.  The DVD is
>
> It doesn't feel that way to me -- to get to a USB stick, I download an ISO
> which could be burned directly to a DVD, and then I have to go get
> liveusb-creator, and run that. liveusb-creator is reasonably slick, but it
> makes USB media feel like a secondary concern.

Um, I was referring more to the fact that the Desktop team focuses on
the composition of the Desktop spin than they do on anything that gets
laid down by the DVD installer.  How you write a spin to whatever
media is somewhat orthogonal.

> Since liveusb-creator can do the media download itself, maybe we should make
> _that_ the primary download?

Sure, however you want to distribute things is fine.

josh