FESCo Workstation PRD follow up questions

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 18:50:08 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 10:04 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 08:36:34AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > I know this is kind of an aside comment, but I now wonder why we didn't do
> > > that years ago.
> > The Desktop spin essentially did quite a while ago.  The DVD is
>
> It doesn't feel that way to me -- to get to a USB stick, I download an ISO
> which could be burned directly to a DVD, and then I have to go get
> liveusb-creator, and run that. liveusb-creator is reasonably slick, but it
> makes USB media feel like a secondary concern.
>
> Since liveusb-creator can do the media download itself, maybe we should make
> _that_ the primary download?

liveusb-creator was indifferently maintained for a long time. Luke found
some time to make it not suck again in the last cycle, because he's
awesome, but he's also very busy - I'd want to see someone commit to
liveusb-creator as one of their primary responsibilities (i.e. high on
their priority list when push comes to shove) before we bet the farm on
it. For instance, it couldn't write a UEFI bootable stick until F19 or
F20.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey