FESCo Workstation PRD follow up questions

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 18:53:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 17:21 +0100, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

> What I usually end up doing is using UNetbootin when trying to come up
> with an image from Mac or Windows.

This...

> One thing I should note is that my recent experience trying to get
> Fedora on a Mac has been somewhat painful. The USB media didn't boot on
> EFI mode

...is likely causing this. Writing bootable USB media is not a trivial
operation, and unetbootin is trying to get it write for a *lot* of media
in a *lot* of cases, and sometimes it gets it wrong. I suspect if you
write your stick with a dd-alike for Mac, it will work. We do have
multiple people testing UEFI-native Mac installation each cycle.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey