systemd-networkd and network management plans

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 00:24:23 UTC 2014

Hi

For a long time,  NetworkManager handled only wifi and simpler connection
needs and although it now has support for bridging, bonding etc, it seems
not integrated with GNOME very much.

Meanwhile, systemd-networkd handles a lot more of that but doesn't handle
wifi (yet?) and I am not sure what the plans are between NM and
systemd-networkd to avoid code duplication.

Do we still ship the older network scripts in Fedora workstation? What are
the plans to integrate systemd-networkd if any?  What is the future of NM?

Rahul