Workstation WG Recap 2015-Apr-27

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 15:14:31 UTC 2015

Minutes:        http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/meetbot/fedora-meeting/2015-04-27/workstation.2015-04-27-13.00.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/meetbot/fedora-meeting/2015-04-27/workstation.2015-04-27-13.00.txt
Log:            http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/meetbot/fedora-meeting/2015-04-27/workstation.2015-04-27-13.00.log.html

* * *
===============================
#fedora-meeting: Workstation WG
===============================

Meeting started by stickster at 13:00:03 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-04-27/workstation.2015-04-27-13.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call!  (stickster, 13:00:11)

* Symbolic icons  (stickster, 13:04:08)
  * Quite a few apps are missing symbolic icons for the app menu
    (stickster, 13:05:30)
  * LINK: http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/ has
    links to latest isos  (kalev, 13:17:09)
  * ACTION: mcatanzaro report apps with missing icons to list, so we can
    figure out where we need to push changes  (stickster, 13:17:35)
  * ACTION: stickster Contact stransky to ask whether we can include a
    high contrast firefox icon  (stickster, 13:22:41)
  * ACTION: stickster Contact devassistant folks to ask if they can be
    ready to pull in a high contrast icon  (stickster, 13:23:01)
  * ACTION: kalev mclasen_ mcatanzaro coordinate other icon fixes
    upstream and in packaging as needed  (stickster, 13:23:27)

* IM client input  (stickster, 13:24:07)
  * kalev had a proposal, but we still need to see if we can remove
    empathy  (stickster, 13:59:36)
  * kalev to send report of new apps/leaf packages vs. F21 -- for list
    to review/check  (stickster, 14:01:50)

Meeting ended at 14:02:09 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* mcatanzaro report apps with missing icons to list, so we can figure
  out where we need to push changes
* stickster Contact stransky to ask whether we can include a high
  contrast firefox icon
* stickster Contact devassistant folks to ask if they can be ready to
  pull in a high contrast icon
* kalev mclasen_ mcatanzaro coordinate other icon fixes upstream and in
  packaging as needed

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* kalev
  * kalev mclasen_ mcatanzaro coordinate other icon fixes upstream and
    in packaging as needed
* mcatanzaro
  * mcatanzaro report apps with missing icons to list, so we can figure
    out where we need to push changes
  * kalev mclasen_ mcatanzaro coordinate other icon fixes upstream and
    in packaging as needed
* mclasen_
  * kalev mclasen_ mcatanzaro coordinate other icon fixes upstream and
    in packaging as needed
* stickster
  * stickster Contact stransky to ask whether we can include a high
    contrast firefox icon
  * stickster Contact devassistant folks to ask if they can be ready to
    pull in a high contrast icon
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)