Dropping i686 media for F24

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 11:55:32 UTC 2015

> > QA does indeed have to test i686, so it would be a significant
> > reduction in effort for them at release validation time to drop i686.
>
> I'm sure QA is more than capable of speaking for themselves :)

Stephen is right, dropping i686 would save us a considerable amount of time. We definitely devote most of our effort to x86_64, but i686 testing is not negligible.

But even though I would appreciate having less work to do (who wouldn't), I don't want to imply Desktop SIG should drop i686 images. That's up to them to decide, based on many other factors. I don't personally don't have any strong opinion on that, when I try to look at it without my QA hat on.