Macbook Pro 13.3" (5,5) Fedora 12 notes

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Wed Apr 7 14:06:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:12:53AM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> 	<merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">synaptics</merge>
>         <merge key="input.x11_options.SHMConfig"
> type="string">On</merge>

Never, ever, ever do this. Ever. Configure synaptics using xinput.

Beyond that, I can't find bugs filed from you on any of the "It doesn't
work" issues. If anything that doesn't depend on non-free components we
can't ship fails to work out of the box, please make sure it's filed.
It's not acceptable for users to have to remove packages, run scripts or
manually change VTs in order for this to work, and perpetuating these
workarounds in locations that are likely to encoruage others to do the
same just means that it's less likely we'll ever fix the underlying
problem.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org