Can I have some documentation examples excluded from Abrt crash collection?

Karel Klic kklic at redhat.com
Wed Apr 14 19:53:03 UTC 2010

Hi Jeff,

Good idea, also the opencv package would use this feature for its Python
programming examples. Current ABRT cannot ignore crashes based on paths,
so it must be developed.

Please file a RFE in Bugzilla, and include the filename mask(s) marking
the files you want to exclude. I think it will be something like:
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/*/examples/*.py

IMHO for the beginning it is right to have even package-specific
configuration (like the excluded paths) in ABRT. Later this kind of
configuration should move to the packages, as ABRT configuration files
and feature set become more mature and stable.

Karel