Can I have some documentation examples excluded from Abrt crash collection?

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 14 20:02:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 21:53, Karel Klic <kklic at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Good idea, also the opencv package would use this feature for its Python
> programming examples. Current ABRT cannot ignore crashes based on paths,
> so it must be developed.
>
> Please file a RFE in Bugzilla, and include the filename mask(s) marking
> the files you want to exclude. I think it will be something like:
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/*/examples/*.py
>
> IMHO for the beginning it is right to have even package-specific
> configuration (like the excluded paths) in ABRT. Later this kind of
> configuration should move to the packages, as ABRT configuration files
> and feature set become more mature and stable.

I'm not sure if that could be used for my own issues with ABRT, but
let me explain it.

When I'm developing a TG2 application, I sometimes get a traceback
(well, I'm not perfect :). ABRT sees the traceback, and wants me to
report a bug against Paster.

However, the bug is not in Paster, it's in my own code, and I know it
since I'm currently developing it (Paster is used to launch TG2
applications).

Would it be possible to ignore this kind of tracebacks while not
ignoring legit Paster issues?