playing flash regression in f13-beta

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 17:37:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Luming Yu <luming.yu at gmail.com> wrote:
> God must have fixed the problem for us. :-)
> or some mysterious things happened with the web site
> offering the mysterious video, which sometimes working, sometimes
> not working....

It's most likely a connectivity problem associated with how the site
has programmed pulling of the advertising video streams that play
before the main video.  before each video there is a commercial and
its the commercial that appears to have intermittent problems playing.
 It's playing just fine for me today. Didn't play for me yesterday at
one point. No system changes in between on my behalf.  I've no idea
how one goes about diagnosing this sort of problem to confirm that it
really is a problem on the server side.  Welcome to the wonderful
world of media rich web applications where the plumbing is out of
reach and out of your control to fix.

-jef