Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Feb 27 00:59:40 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 01:36 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Just so you can't ever use this argument again.  I want fewer updates and
> > I'm a Fedora user.
>
> IMHO you're really using the wrong distro. ;-)
>
> My point is that there are plenty of users who want the current updates or
> even more updates. And whereas the people like you have plenty of other
> choices, those users have very few choices, Fedora is the main one. See e.g.
> the strongly positive feedback we got from some users for our KDE 4.4.0
> update (and I'm sure there are many more happy users who just don't bother
> sending a "Thanks, you rule!" type mail).
>
> I realize you're enthousiastic about Fedora, being actively involved in it,
> and would like it to be closer to your personal taste or needs, but doing
> that would really be throwing out the baby with the bathwater!

We have no real target audience yet for Fedora, so there is no real way
to say that Mike's desire is more correct or not than Kevin's.
Personally I side with Mike, I want rapid adoption of new technologies
in our rapid release cycles, but once we release something I want it to
remain stable, and every time we push something out that breaks we get a
nice black eye in the community.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!