Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat Feb 27 07:09:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 06:03 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> 2) Recent dnssec-conf updates all did receive several -1, nevertheless
>> these updates were pushed.
>
> This is indeed a problem. Obviously, relying on the judgment of
> maintainers isn't working.

The karma arrived before it as pushed? I don't think it did. The 1.21-8
release fixed the 1.21-7 release of also checking the "very old" config
file location.

There were some bug reports for dnssec-conf that dated back to earlier
versions and are still present, but this emergency update was not to
fix those and -1 on those features would not cause it to remain blocked
or unpushed, especially in the light of older versions DOS'ing a bunch
of name servers due to a bad trust anchor in combination with a bind
bug.

In fact, dnssec-conf is now being phased out, but this is pending one
more dependancy fix for unbound, which is caught in the new DSO linking
behaviour and needs fixing.

Paul