Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Feb 27 09:57:36 UTC 2010

On 02/27/2010 08:25 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 02:09 -0500, Paul Wouters wrote:

>>> This is indeed a problem. Obviously, relying on the judgment of
>>> maintainers isn't working.
>>>
>> The karma arrived before it as pushed? I don't think it did.
I don't know, I voted -1 at a time it previous votes had accumulated to +2.

>>   The 1.21-8
>> release fixed the 1.21-7 release of also checking the "very old" config
>> file location.

Still installing this *-1.21-8 release immediately brought down my local
bind.

To me, this qualifies as "what ever you did, was insufficient".

> Sorry, I was replying in haste. I should've made clear that I was
> talking more in general, and don't have any specific direct knowledge of
> the dnssec case. I know of multiple cases where updates have been pushed
> hastily, but I don't have any direct knowledge of the dnssec case
> specifically and wouldn't want to cast any aspersions in anyone's
> direction there.

Well, to voting is an inadequate means for judging a package's quality,
because bugs showing in individual cases are not co-related to "works
for many" - It's a fundamental flaw of the system.

Ralf