Unsafe Django version being pushed to stable

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue Jun 22 15:39:57 UTC 2010

On 06/22/2010 11:36 AM, H. Guémar wrote:
> Just one thing, the title is misleading since Django 1.2.x is not an
> "unsafe" version.

Well, it's unsafe to drop it into a stable distribution since it's not
completely backwards-compatible.

> So what's the plan ? The update was also pushed in previous release like F12.
>

> Best regards,
> H.

Unfortunately, now that it's been pushed to stable, we're stuck with it.
Probably we need to have the Transifex maintainer rebuild with a
Conflicts: Django >= 1.2 so that it will keep yum from upgrading into a
broken setup.

I've rebuilt ReviewBoard today for Fedora 13 with a compatible version.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Delivering value year after year.