Evolution update in F13

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jun 26 19:18:10 UTC 2010

> On 06/26/2010 11:20 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> > Clearly the maintainer did not allow sufficient time for testing here;
> > there's a grand 4 hour window between the update being 'pushed to
> > testing' and 'submitted to stable'. That probably wasn't long enough for
> > it even to hit any public mirrors.
> >

> Can the maintainers please explain why they did this?  We need that
> answer before looking at AutoQA IMO.

History seems to suggest that maintainers are *always* going to submit
updates that cause dependency problems, so it seems sensible to look at
handling the situation after submission as well as trying to make people
_not_ submit such updates.

I believe the maintainer said in the submission that he simply didn't
catch the ABI change:

"Oh, I see, I didn't notice this change earlier. It was changed in
http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-
server/commit/?h=gnome-2-30&id=9930a9602 "
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey