Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 14:45:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Thomas Janssen wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Juha Tuomala <Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi> wrote:
> > On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >> current stable release nor support an official backports repo, an unofficial
> >> one will no doubt spring up, or an existing unofficial repo will pick up
> >> that role (for KDE, kde-redhat stable would probably be revived, currently
> >> it's mostly empty for Fedora as the kind of stuff which would be in there is
> >> usually just pushed as official Fedora updates).
> >
> > Go ahead, make that to your kde-hardcore-followers-repo. In my
> > understanding, that's what it has been for past years already
> > anyway.
>
> There's no need to continued attack the KDE SIG. You're not a first
> time linuxer. If you're that scared as you said in your OP, then you
> should use yum to exclude that stuff. If you dont know how: man yum ;
> man yum.conf
>
> But of course, you couldn't then bash others.

Alternatively, the KDE SIG could stop ignoring the problems that were
caused this week by the updates they released.  Even an "I'm sorry I broke
your desktop" would go a long way.  The update the busted my desktop
happened on a pretty vanilla install, I suspect lots of users experienced
issues.

	-Mike