Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 4 14:55:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Thomas Janssen wrote:

>> > Go ahead, make that to your kde-hardcore-followers-repo. In my
>> > understanding, that's what it has been for past years already
>> > anyway.
>>
>> There's no need to continued attack the KDE SIG. You're not a first
>> time linuxer. If you're that scared as you said in your OP, then you
>> should use yum to exclude that stuff. If you dont know how: man yum ;
>> man yum.conf
>>
>> But of course, you couldn't then bash others.
>>

> Alternatively, the KDE SIG could stop ignoring the problems that were
> caused this week by the updates they released.  Even an "I'm sorry I broke
> your desktop" would go a long way.  The update the busted my desktop
> happened on a pretty vanilla install, I suspect lots of users experienced
> issues.

You're absolutely right here. And it gets discussed heavily.
I just get slowly sick of all that bashing around. Doesn't matter
which way. The KDE SIG needs a bit time to discuss and decide what
exactly will be done (for sure the right thing to prevent that kind of
breakage). Though systematic annoying pestering will not help at all.

I think the point is already very clear and work (thoughts,
discussion) on it is in progress.

Maybe i should send a mail and ask if it's possible to stop attacking
others. I start to get agressive myself, and i dont like that.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium