Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 19:59:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 14:00 -0500, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Except for a few people's proposals (dledford, adamw, jreznik, lmacken,
> dmalcolm) most of the proposals are weighting one of these viewpoints over
> the other which is not a very good way to build a community.

Actually I think it's a fine way to build a community.  A community of
like minded individuals who want to produce something for an intended
audience, and a community of like minded consumers who wish to consume
that which you are building.

Instead what we have now is fiefdoms of different strategies for
producing updates and consumers who are getting mixed results from
different parts of the operating system.  Nobody is getting what they
really want, either every package reasonably updated everywhere all the
time, nor a conservative stable and bugfix only update approach.  So
nobody is truly happy, which I think is the real terrible way to build a
community.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!