Fedora has become fat!

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 22 19:22:43 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 22.03.2010, 09:13 -0400 schrieb Seth Vidal:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote
>
> >> Any ideas what made Fedora become so fat or how to further investigate
> >> this?
> >
> > I've found with Moblin and Sugar that one of the easiest/quickest but
> > probably not the most eloquent way is to do a 'rpm -qa | sort >
> > rpm-out' and then using some horrible diff hacking to get a rough idea
> > of what's changed.
>

> rpm -qa --qf "%{name}\n" | sort > rpm-out
>
> then you can diff the two more easily.

I know how to use rpm, but as long as I don't have all the nightlies
there is not much to compare. All I can compare is the F12 spin with the
latest nightly and this wont tell me much about what happened in the
meantime.

Is there an easy way to get previous versions of a package if I have
full n-v-r, say from koji?

> -sv

Regards,
Christoph