popularity package context on fedora

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon May 3 17:52:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2 May 2010 17:25:10 +0200
yersinia <yersinia.spiros at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would be interesting to have in Fedora something like this
>
> http://popcon.debian.org/
>
> ?
>
> Look interesting from a QA point of view.

It's been suggested many times before, but no one has really stepped
forward to champion it. ;)

There is an rpm version being worked on by an OpenSUSE person:

http://gitorious.org/opensuse/popcorn

Something would need to be packaged, tested, etc.

Then the problem becomes what data to store, how to store it.
It's going to be a vast amount of data, and we would need some server
to store it, policies around when to drop entries, etc.

Not that I think it's a bad idea, It just needs a group of determined
people to work on and make it happen. ;)

kevin