popularity package context on fedora

Athmane Madjoudj athmanem at gmail.com
Mon May 3 18:20:57 UTC 2010

> It's been suggested many times before, but no one has really stepped
> forward to champion it. ;)
>
> There is an rpm version being worked on by an OpenSUSE person:
>
> http://gitorious.org/opensuse/popcorn
>
> Something would need to be packaged, tested, etc.
>
> Then the problem becomes what data to store, how to store it.
> It's going to be a vast amount of data, and we would need some server
> to store it, policies around when to drop entries, etc.
>
> Not that I think it's a bad idea, It just needs a group of determined
> people to work on and make it happen. ;)
>
> kevin

i have looked at the source code (C server side / Python client side), it uses
 libtdb [1] as storage back-end (a plain text format) , i think that
sqlite is better, and you can port it to other DBMS such as Postgres
or MySQL

[1] http://tdb.samba.org

But how it can be integrated in Fedora, by writing yum plug-in ?

--
Athmane Madjoudj