Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 3 18:23:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 07:34:28PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> Why should we not call the GNOME spin, and the GNOME desktop in general, by
>> its name? GNOME is just A desktop, it's NOT "the" desktop.
>
> It's the desktop with the most development and integration work
> performed in the distribution, and hence it gets to be the default. This
> is, of course, unfair.

No, it's not unfair. That are just facts. And it can and should stay
as the default as long as the GNOME desktop gets the most development
and integration. It's just about "Desktop". It's the GNOME-Desktop,
since there are more. If the GNOME guys like it or not, they are not
alone ;)

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium