Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Sat May 15 23:15:24 UTC 2010

On Sat 15 May 2010 1:16:26 pm Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com>
wrote:

> >> You have heard of netbooks, yes? SSD's? I have all of 4 GiB, and not
all
> >> of that available for packages.
> >
> > We are planning some splits because we're planning KDE netbook spin.
> > Netbook Plasma is new and very interesting piece of software and of
> > course we'd like to support even old EEE 701 - I have one next to me
;-)
> > Hopefully it's going to be F14 stuff.
> >
> > Jaroslav
>
> I read on few websites that Fedora 13 should have KDE Netbook Plasma
> but I can't see any package in current Fedora 13 repositories. How do
> I turn on KDE Netbook Plasma for Fedora 13?
>
> Cheers!

The same way you do it for any distro... System Settings->Appearance-
>Workspace, set Workspace Type to Netbook. There aren't any packages to
install outside of the default kde packages (kdebase-workspace for the
minimum, or @kde-desktop for the full kde packageset.)

Note that for Fedora 14, we're targeting the creation of a KDE netbook
spin which will automate all of this...

But this isn't really related to the Development of Fedora at all...

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix