floppy support

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Aug 31 03:41:45 UTC 2011

Below is a proposed specfile for the floppy case. (Analog joystick would be
very similar.) I haven't tested the package for functionality yet, but did
test it with rpmbuild and rpmlint. Is this what we want? Is this ready
for a formal review?

Name: floppy-support
Version:        1.0
Release:        1%{?dist}
Group: System Environment/Kernel

License:        MIT
# The package is built just using this specfile.

Requires(post): module-init-tools

BuildArch:      noarch

%description
By default the floppy driver is not loaded at boot time. Installing this
package will load the floppy driver as part of the install and will set
things so that it will be loaded during future boots.

%prep
#No setup, since no source outside the specfile.

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_libdir}/modules-load.d
echo floppy > $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_libdir}/modules-load.d/floppy.conf

%files
%{_libdir}/modules-load.d/floppy.conf

%post
/sbin/modprobe floppy