Feedback on secondary architecture promotion requirements draft

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:01:14 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 05:14 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> It is not just US law. Most countries have similar rules in place for
> non-profits due a long history of them being used as fronts for
> governments and corporations for tax-dodging, espionage, bribery, and
> other shenanigans. In this case the US laws matter because Red Hat is
> based in the US.. but the same issues would come up in the EU or
> similar places.

Somehow other distribution have manage to make this work so perhaps we
need to hear from debian,gentoo etc people what process they have used
and how it has turned out to them?

Perhaps we need to separate all ( legal? ) connections to Red Hat ( Red
Hat would then just donate via the same method than anyone else ) to
make this work or directly donate money/hw/stuff directly to each
individual SIG's representatives or perhaps to ambassadors?

JBG