Fedora 18 Release name voting and Poll for whether to continue naming releases

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 22:33:48 UTC 2012

On 20.4.2012 18:09, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> Never. Nobody uses the code names. It's a waste of time and choosing
>>> names like "Beefy Miracle" is a good way of making the distro look a
>>> whole lot less professional.
>
> Well, as far as I can tell, many Ubuntu and Debian users prefer to call
> their release "by name".

Yes, and I wonder why Fedora users just don't it. Nobody knows why,
either we have too stupid names, or we are too geeky, or something. And
I have to admit, that although my first Debian was potato and I have
switched to Fedora just before etch (and I have no idea, what was the
number of these releases), I have never felt the smallest inclination to
call my first Fedora distro anything else than Fedora Core 6.

Matěj