Orphaned: ocaml-cmigrep

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 17:07:18 UTC 2012

This is a 'grep' tool for finding OCaml modules, functions &c. in
*.cmi files (the sort of 'compiled header' equivalent that OCaml uses).

This package is currently FTBFS.  It would probably not be too hard to
get it working.  If you do want to take it over, I'd advise looking at
the Debian package.

However:

(1) Upstream is long dead.  He was surprised when I sent him a patch
for it, and that was several years ago.

(2) It works by delving deep into compiler internals, so it tends to
require tweaks every time there's a new version of OCaml.

(3) I don't have much evidence that anyone uses it.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v