PostgreSQL 9.2 for F18?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 17:39:53 UTC 2012

On 08/20/2012 04:38 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am aware that F18 is a special release - base for a new RHEL, so it
> is possible that you will not want to put there not yet released
> software. PostgreSQL 9.2 does not have any true revolutionary
> features, but it has quite a long list of improvements
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-2.html
>
> Is there any chance that 9.2 will be available for F18?

First and foremost you should file an RFE against the relevant component
to see if it can be upgraded.

Secondly RHEL should not be a reason packages are not updated in Fedora
to their current/latest release and or other progress is made within the
project nor is Fedora the place for something being asked to be included
in RHEL.

JBG