PostgreSQL 9.2 for F18?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Aug 20 17:42:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 18:38:33 +0200,
   MichaƂ Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am aware that F18 is a special release - base for a new RHEL, so it
>is possible that you will not want to put there not yet released
>software. PostgreSQL 9.2 does not have any true revolutionary
>features, but it has quite a long list of improvements
>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-2.html
>
>Is there any chance that 9.2 will be available for F18?

I think for 9.1 Tom pushed it just before beta when a few of us promised
to do some testing pronmptly.

So if 9.2 gets released before f18 beta there is probably a good change it will
make it in F18. Otherwise it probably won't.

Postgres has gotten so good, that for hobbiest purposes having the latest
base release doesn't seem that important. For people that need the latest
release, there are typically rpms available for download. And in the worst case
rebuilding srpms for a specific fedora release isn't that hard.