Am I the only one who missed the election?

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 16:04:58 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> inode0 wrote:
>> People working on the elections certainly try to make the community
>> aware of the elections. Unfortunately we never seem to be able to get
>> everyone's attention.
>
> One issue is that the voting period is just too short. This time, I found
> out about the elections 6-7 minutes after they had ended. I had also been
> burned in some previous elections by the deadline, wanting to make up my
> mind about whom to vote for, and by the time I had, they were already over.
> I think they should be open for at least 2 weeks, I don't see a good reason
> for the rush.

Funny how people see things differently. I have always thought there
should be a shorter window to vote since most votes happen at the very
beginning or at the very end of the period. No matter how long we
stretch out the middle nothing much happens vote-wise then. Of course
I understand people could be considering matters deciding how to vote
during that period. I do suspect that if 8 days isn't enough neither
will 14 days as people will just put off dealing with it for that much
longer.

John