Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Thu Nov 1 14:56:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 02:25:39PM +0000, Allan Day wrote:

> It's important to recognise the negative effects of delays to the
> release. Upstream projects are reliant on the Fedora release process to get
> updates out to their users. GNOME released version 3.6 on 26 September. It
> was a big release and contained major improvements to our user experience.
> We did a marketing push to promote it. We want our users to be using that
> upgrade as soon as possible: 3.4 simply isn't as good.

If we had something we could ship, we'd ship it. We don't. That's
unfortunate, but talking about how undesirable release slips are does
nothing to help improve that situation. We know they're undesirable, but
so far nobody has proposed a workable solution that actually makes them
less likely to happen in future without massively compromising other
parts of the project.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org