Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:55:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Allan Day <allanpday at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's important to recognise the negative effects of delays to the release.

OLPC is downstream of F18, and planning to ship an "OLPC OS" version
13.1.0 first week of December 2012 (approx); which will be based on
F18.

We are not affected by Anaconda issues, as our OS is a pre-installed
image, but continued churn does hit us hard.

We control this somewhat by freezing our view of Fedora's repos. Most
of our packages are in Fedora (with exceptions like kernel and BIOS)
-- where we maintain/comaintain quite a few components (Sugar Desktop,
etc).

OLPC development team is watching closely any schedule changes affecting Fedora.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions