Unblocking packages: new review needed?

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:07:31 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-07 15:47, tim.lauridsen at gmail.com wrote:
> Sound very strange, it is not some kind orphan package, there have
> been out of Fedora and has to re-enter.
> It it an active maintained package in F17, there just have not worked
> with latest version for gnome-shell, because they change the way
> themes works in every release.
> It a waste of reviewers time to have to review such a package again IMHO.
>
> Tim
>

> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM, M.M. <hal8600 at hotmail.it
> <mailto:hal8600 at hotmail.it>> wrote:
>
>     I have requested Release Engineering to unblock some packages,
>     which previously had been blocked on some branches:
>     https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5387
>     I have been told that those packages must be reviewed again in
>     order to be unblocked.
>     I'm not 100% sure of what to do. Do I have to open a new review
>     request on Bugzilla for each package "from scratch" (i.e., exactly
>     as if they were completely new)?
>     Are there any further steps I must take?
>     Thank you in advance.
>     M.M.
>
>     --

No top-posting in fedora-devel :)

Besides that, I can just agree with Tim. The oldest package was reviewed
less than a year ago, the two others last summer. Requiring a new review
is, well, somewhat formal.

That said, it should be easy to review these to resolve this issue. If
you just make some new review requests, linking to the previous review
I'll guess this could be handled without to much problems.

--alec