remove polkit from core?

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Fri Nov 9 23:44:14 UTC 2012

On Sat, 10.11.12 00:12, Paolo Bonzini (pbonzini at redhat.com) wrote:

> Il 09/11/2012 18:26, Lennart Poettering ha scritto:
> > 1;3401;0cOn Fri, 09.11.12 12:22, Matthew Miller (mattdm at fedoraproject.org) wrote:

> >> Right now, I get:
> >>
> >> $ reboot
> >> Failed to issue method call: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not
> >> provided by any .service files
> >> Must be root.
> >>
> >> Which is fine except that I don't want to see the message. :) Does your fix
> >> handle this or should I bug report?
> >
> > Yes, that's the one that should be fixed with this:
> >
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/patch/?id=bece1f5215b4ff147e000255d07f6b3cc777f15b
> >
> > Would probably make sense to test things with this applied as it should
> > solve most (but probably not all) issues related to PK-less systems.
>
> Isn't that the other way round?  It fixes problems with uid=0, but
> Matthew is testing with uid!=0.

Ah, right. Yeah. In that case the code already does the right thing,
except that the error message is a bit misleading. It kinda suggests
that PK was needed, but actually it just means "I denied because you
weren't root, and you can't get permission without PK either". I'll make sure
the error message is corrected to just become a normal authentication
denied message

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.