really stop "really" commits (really!)

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 09:36:24 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Martin Stransky <stransky at redhat.com> wrote:
> I mean the upstream source check. It may not work if you use generated
> source files [1].

No way am I doing an upstream source check in a git pre-commit hook!
I'm not waiting for v8 to be downloaded and hashed every time I commit
to it, and firefox would be no fun either.  ;-)

I would very strongly object to any sort of git pre-commit hook that
required network access of any kind.  The whole point of git is that
you're supposed to be able to commit offline!

No, this just checks the sources file to make sure you've uploaded to
the lookaside cache.

> For instance we use this construction in xulunner:
>
> sed -e 's/__RH_NSPR_VERSION__/%{nspr_version}/' %{P:%%PATCH0} >
> version.patch
> %{__patch} -p2 -b --suffix .nspr --fuzz=0 < version.patch
>
> which may confuse the check script.

This is fine, since %PATCH0 is used somewhere.  Its regex is
deliberately stupid and broad.

-T.C.