Proposed F19 Feature: systemd features

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 02:08:00 UTC 2013

On 02/02/2013 01:57 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com <mailto:johannbg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I know few RH employees who would beg the differ, many of which go
>     above and beyond their "corporate" duties but I'll remember your
>     remarks.
>
>     It's good to know there exist that corporate line...
>

> You don't seem to have understood what I said.  If a Red Hat employee
> has Fedora activities as part of their job, then it is not unexpected
> that feedback about those activities might reach their manager.  They
> might very well have other interests in Fedora which aren't part of
> their Red Hat role and in that case, it is fine to ask people to
> direct feedback only to them as an individual.

You cant have it both ways.

Either RH employees are participating in the project by their own free
will or not. I have personally meet both sides which has gotten me
confused and conflicted.

When I meet a maintainer in the project that stated to me "I have to
talk to my manager first" before upgrading his "component" that rings
alarm bells to me, That gives me the feel that they are maintaining
their components as a part of their job not because they want to scratch
an itch and want to!

I dont know about your parts but I grew up in environment where slavery
is not accepted.

JBG