Proposed F19 Feature: systemd features

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 02:28:30 UTC 2013

Hi

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> Either RH employees are participating in the project by their own free
> will or not. I have personally meet both sides which has gotten me confused
> and conflicted.

Employees can have assigned duties as well as projects of their own
interest.  If you are confused about which one is what and have a need to
know, feel free to ask them.

> When I meet a maintainer in the project that stated to me "I have to talk
> to my manager first" before upgrading his "component" that rings alarm
> bells to me, That gives me the feel that they are maintaining their
> components as a part of their job not because they want to scratch an itch
> and want to!

Why is it cause for alarm that some people in Fedora are getting paid to do
something within Fedora?

>  I dont know about your parts but I grew up in environment where slavery
is not accepted.

This frequent "I dont know about your parts" sounds quite discriminatory
and getting paid to do a job is pretty much the opposite of slavery.

Rahul