Proposed F19 Feature: systemd features

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Sat Feb 2 08:31:05 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 07:43:48AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 02/02/2013 07:33 AM, David Tardon wrote:
> >>Oh in my case it was an "primary" component no dependency that Red
> >>Hat maintainer could not update until he got approval but for the
> >You generalized one specific case to _all components of all Red Hat
> >maintainers_. When I rejected that generalization, you are counteracting
> >by claiming that my argument does not apply for that one _specific_
> >case. Sorry, but that is a faulty reasoning.
>
> No i did not "generalized one specific case to _all components of
> all Red Hat"

Yes, you did. Or how else do you interpret "That gives me the feel that
they are maintaining their components as a part of their job not because
they want to scratch an itch and want to!"

> And I also know yes granted an single individual that said he could
> not update his component in the project which he maintained without
> asking his "boss" before doing so which raises a whole bunch of
> questions

Sure. For example: "Is he a new packager and does not realize that
updating a component in Fedora does not involve the same process as in
RHEL?" or "Is the update potentially dangerous and he wants to consult
with someone more experienced?" (We still do not know who the packager
was and which component it was.)

D.