Proposed F19 Feature: Replace MySQL with MariaDB

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 5 01:49:11 UTC 2013

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> You are putting the cart before the horse.  You have to demonstrate its
> feasible to fix them before excluding future uses.   I don't see how it is
> possible to fix the entire distribution to never use conflicts.

Aggressive renaming (see e.g. what I did to kdelibs to allow kdelibs-devel
and kdelibs3-devel to coexist; renaming is also the solution in the case of
completely different binaries which happen to conflict), and dropping of
unneeded compatibility cruft (where nothing really needs the compatibility
version anymore, which seems to be the case here).

        Kevin Kofler