Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:31:07 UTC 2013

On 5 February 2013 20:10, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't say Fedora "follows blindly" but rather chooses an upstream from
> some alternatives (their ability to handle feedback from us beeing one ot
> the criterias).

Gnome has been the default, unless I'm misremebering since *before*
Fedora (RH8/9 or earlier). That's not incompatible with 'chooses an
upstream from some alternatives' but does suggest some inertia. Maybe
if Gnome really thinks distros might drop them they'd think harder
about introducing unwanted workflow changes every other release.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk