Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Feb 5 20:36:25 UTC 2013

Am 05.02.2013 21:31, schrieb Ian Malone:
> On 5 February 2013 20:10, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't say Fedora "follows blindly" but rather chooses an upstream from
>> some alternatives (their ability to handle feedback from us beeing one ot
>> the criterias).
>
> Gnome has been the default, unless I'm misremebering since *before*
> Fedora (RH8/9 or earlier). That's not incompatible with 'chooses an
> upstream from some alternatives' but does suggest some inertia. Maybe
> if Gnome really thinks distros might drop them they'd think harder
> about introducing unwanted workflow changes every other release.

exactly that is my point

as long it is tolerated from any distro for any upstream
project do beark any compatibility why should developers
care about anything and spent time to think if the way they
are going is really the best for the users

currently the only reaction of many open source projects
is "it is free so who do you think you are" - by some
changes i say "thank god it is free and not paied for it"