Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Feb 5 20:46:32 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 09:31 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
> On 5 February 2013 20:10, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't say Fedora "follows blindly" but rather chooses an upstream from
>> some alternatives (their ability to handle feedback from us beeing one ot
>> the criterias).
>
> Gnome has been the default, unless I'm misremebering since *before*
> Fedora (RH8/9 or earlier). That's not incompatible with 'chooses an
> upstream from some alternatives' but does suggest some inertia. Maybe
> if Gnome really thinks distros might drop them they'd think harder
> about introducing unwanted workflow changes every other release.

The actual problem is the current Gnome 3 being an entirely different
product than Gnome 2, which usability-wise has *nothing* in common with
Gnome2 and addresses a completely different target audience.

You ordered Gnome and have been served Pizza for a long time - now
you're being served Burgers :-)

Ralf