Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Feb 6 12:34:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 02:22:21PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> Normally I try not to do this, but: what he said.

Vincent Untz asked for a show of hands of people who used GNOME 2, GNOME
3, switched, etc. Recommend seeing the FOSDEM video. Loads of people
indicated that they use GNOME 3, though less than GNOME 2. A while later
he asked who loved GNOME 3. Not sure how many GNOME 3 users love it due
to the time difference. There was one person who uses GNOME 3 and at the
same time hates it.

Anyway, recommend seeing the video once available, better than my guesswork :)

Note: due to the topic ("GNOME community gone crazy?"), I didn't expect
that many people who liked it would join actually. Note that the people
who work on GNOME in some way sat together, only judged on people I did
not recognize as people who help out GNOME in some way.

--
Regards,
Olav