Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Feb 6 12:44:38 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 09:28:16PM -0800, Eric Bergen wrote:
> Success! I've switched over to Cinnamon. The start style menu is back
> and I am happy. I'm sure I could get used to gnome-shell but my first
> experience wasn't a good one.

To add:
- Cinnamon was forked from gnome-shell, so any slowness you see in
  gnome-shell should be shared with Cinnamon, else the bugfix should be
  upstreamed. People have been saying that Cinnamon doesn't seem to
  include bugfixes made in gnome-shell though. Not verified/checked if
  that is true.
- GNOME 3.8 will have a new mode with some kind of start menu and a few
  other things (being vague because it is in development, not released
  yet, plus I have not tried it yet)

--
Regards,
Olav