MySQL 5.6 for Fedora 19

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:39:48 UTC 2013

> To clarify that a little bit: it might be reasonable to migrate to
> mariadb 5.6.x in F20 or F21.  I don't think we need the complications
> of doing both mysql->maria and 5.5.x->5.6.x at the same time.
>
> Also, keep in mind that 5.6.x was just declared GA yesterday.  It's
> doubtless still pretty full of bugs.

Well it'll be MariaDB 10 or 11 by then (according to Monty's blog posts)
but depending on the specific feature desirable to the OP it's possible it
might already be in MariaDB 5.5 given how they backport certain features..
of course it's equally possible the OP just saw 'mysql 5.6 GA' and wants
the 'latest and greatest' without checking release notes ;)