MySQL 5.6 for Fedora 19

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Thu Feb 14 12:43:23 UTC 2013

Le 06/02/2013 16:35, Tom Lane a écrit :
> James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com> writes:
>> On 6 February 2013 13:15, Chris <xchris89x at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> It would be nice to see MySQL 5.6 for Fedora 19.
>
>> Rather than go through the same thing again I suggest you read this thread
>> about mariadb replacing mysql:
>
> To clarify that a little bit: it might be reasonable to migrate to
> mariadb 5.6.x in F20 or F21.  I don't think we need the complications
> of doing both mysql->maria and 5.5.x->5.6.x at the same time.
>
> Also, keep in mind that 5.6.x was just declared GA yesterday.  It's
> doubtless still pretty full of bugs.

Looking at the change, it seems a nightmare^W big work.

MySQL haven't change the soname (still .18) of libmysqlclient and now
manage the library exports, but in a different way, with different
symbols than in the fedora package...

I suspect a lot of problems...

And we could probably expect a soname name bump (like between 5.5.9 and
5.5.10 iirc).

Remi.